Sunday, August 19, 2007

Introducing the Crux

Last Sunday I went to church with my son and his girlfriend and Beth. They've been going to this new church this summer and they invited me to check it out. It's called the Crux. The average age was well under 30. The setup was really nice (although the AC was struggling to keep up with the heat. The music was awesome (really) and the main communicator, Daron Earlewine was one of the most gifted and thoughtful speakers I've ever head (really). Anyway, I've been a bit bored with the irrelevance of many of the things that pass for church now. That probably says as much about me as them, but this week I did something I hadn't done for a long time. I invited an 18 year old to church. I'm going again to see if the sophomore visit is as good as the freshman one and to see if my new friend will check out the Crux.

No comments: